CEDARVILLE, Ohio – Wayne State rallied in the fourth quarter and edged the Lady Jackets, 85-83, in a non-conference fight at the Callan Athletic Center.
The Warriors, 3-0, quickly erased a seven-point deficit entering the final period and needed a free throw with three seconds remaining in regulation time to tie it.
The visitors started overtime with an 8-2 streak to take control.
Emily Chapman accumulated 20 points and six assists to lead Cedarville, 2-1.
Paige Garr finished with 18 points. Makenna Fee and Anne Wheeler each totaled 13 points before they both left the contest with injuries.
- CU buried 14 of 29 triples, including a sample of 12 of 19 from the second quarter.
- Chapman hit 3 of 3 outside the arc and made his five free throws.
- Garr scored four triples, the team's maximum.
- As a team, the Jackets were 17 of 19 on the charity strip.
- Wayne State has won all four games played between the two schools.
@CUJackets | Fans can also follow Cedarville University Athletics on Twitter | Instagram | Facebook