CEDARVILLE, Ohio – Undefeated Wittenberg jumped on the Yellow Jackets in the first inning and took advantage of the momentum for a 17-5 non-conference fight.
Cedarville had its five-game winning streak broken by falling to 8-7.
The Tigers, 8-0, sent 11 men to the plate in their first at-bat and scored six times. The visitors added a couple of dirty runs in the second for an eight-run cushion.
The Yellow Jackets halved the deficit in the third inning with an RBI groundout by Payton Eeles followed by Austin Brown's three-run homer .
Another groundout from the Eeles in the fifth cut the gap to 8-5, but Wittenberg had nine unanswered runs to end the game. ]
Micah Stewart was 2 for 3 at the plate while Kale Ebling doubled and scored two runs.
- Brown has hit safely in five consecutive games and nine of his last ten.
- Stewart recorded his first multi-hit contest of the spring.
- Cedarville played two double games.
- The Jackets finished 5-4 in their nine-game home run.
- They will play the next nine contests on the road before returning to Findlay headquarters on April 16.
@CUJackets | Fans Can Also Follow Cedarville University Athletics on Twitter | Instagram | Facebook