PURDUE 80, INDIANA STATE 68 (Postgame Notes)
- Purdue improved to 4-2 with a win by 80 -68 over Indiana State at Mackey Arena Saturday night.
- The victory improved Purdue to 30-4 all-time against Indiana State… the 88.2 winning percentage is the third best in school history against a single opponent.
- Purdue is now 15-2 against opponents in the state since the start of the 2016-17 season.
- Purdue improved to 23-3 on December 12, having won seven consecutive games to date.
- The win was Purdue's seventh straight non-conference home win… since the start of the 2015-16 season, Purdue is 37-2 against non-conference foes at Mackey Arena (Villanova, Texas).
- Indiana State had just six offensive rebounds… Purdue has now limited five of its six opponents to seven or fewer offensive rebounds.
- Purdue improved to 44-1 from the start of the 2017-18 season when he shot at least 48.0 percent from the field… Purdue started the game just 2-of-9, but finished the game by making 28 of his last 45 shots (.622) … Purdue shot 55.6 percent (30 of 54) from the field.
- Purdue is now 38-2 since the start of the 2017-18 season when he scored at least 80 points.
- Trevion Williams recorded the second 30-point game of his career with a performance of 30 points, 11 rebounds and 2 assists… he became the eighth player in Purdue history with at least two of 30 points, 10-rebound games… becomes the third player nationwide this year to have a performance of 30 points, 11 rebounds, and 2 assists (Georgia Tech's Moses Wright; UMass's Tre Mitchell).
- Purdue's center position accounted for 40 points and 14 rebounds on 17 of 24 shots.
- Purdue's power forward position accounted for 15 points, 16 rebounds, 3 assists and 4 blocked shots.
- Aaron Wheeler recorded the second double-double of his career with a game of 10 points, 13 rebounds, 4 blocks… his 13 rebounds were a personal record.
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana – Trevion Williams scored 30 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as Purdue beat Indiana State 80-68 on Saturday.
Williams shot 13 of 18 (72.2%) and did most of his damage in the first half scoring 18, although he made all four shot attempts after half time.
It was the second 30-point game of Williams' career. He set a career-high 36 last season against Michigan.
Eric Hunter Jr. scored 13 points, Sasha Stefanovic scored 12 and Aaron Wheeler 10 with 13 rebounds for Purdue (4-2).
Purdue had a 40-24 rebounding advantage. The Boilermakers were undefeated at home this season with their third win.
Cooper Neese scored 22 points for Indiana State (1-1) on 7 of 11 shooting, including 4 of 8 from 3-point range. Tyreke Key got 18 and Jake LaRavia 10.
Key's jump shot in the third minute gave the Sycamores a 10-1 lead. The moment was short-lived, as Purdue recovered quickly with a 13-5 run.
Later, Williams threw a dunk with 8:44 before halftime for an 18-17 Boilermakers lead and they led the rest of the way. It was 38-29 at halftime and the state of Indiana never tied at five the rest of the way.