KALAMAZOO, Mich.-The Volleyball Broncos of the University of Michigan West will host Hillsdale College at 1 pm Friday, August 17 in their first home game of the season.
The exhibition is the first contest before the start of the 2018 campaign on Friday and Saturday, August 24-25, at the Kangaroo Klassic, organized by the University of Missouri-Kansas City, at the Kangaroo Klassic, the Broncos begin the season with a confrontation against NCAA Tournament participant Austin Peay University before facing UMKC and San Diego State University.
Volcos Volleyball will be at home against Chicago State University at 7 pm Tuesday, August 28 before going to Indianapolis for the Hampton Inn Invitational. WMU will face host Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis on Friday, August 31 to begin the tournament, followed by Northern Arizona University and Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville on Saturday, September 1.
For the third consecutive year, WMU will organize a tournament at University Arena. The Broncos will face the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Loyola-Chicago University on Friday, September 7 before challenging Canisius and Utah State University on Saturday, September 8 ].
WMU heads to East Lansing for its final non-conference tournament on Friday and Saturday, September 14-15, against the University of Albany, the University of Alabama at Birmingham and the host school Michigan State University, before the start of the Mid-Conference. American play at home Friday, September 21 versus Ball State University.
The Broncos host MAC West Enemy University of Toledo Saturday, September 22 before embarking on a four-game trip starting Thursday, September 27, at Northern Illinois University. WMU returns home for clashes against the University of Buffalo Friday, October 12 and the University of Akron Saturday, October 13 before another four-game swing from Friday, October 19, at the University of Ohio.
The Broncos have four consecutive home games to end the season that begins on Wednesday, October 31 against Northern Illinois University. WMU then hosts the MAC Tournament Champion, University of Miami Saturday, November 3 . It will be a rematch of the MAC Championship game of 2017.
To end the season, the Broncos face off against their rivals at Eastern Michigan University Friday, November 9 and Central Michigan University Saturday, November 10 . WMU is seeking its first MAC regular season title since 2008 and tenth overall.
The MAC 2018 Tournament will be held from Thursday to Sunday, November 15 to 18, in Oxford, Ohio, at the Millett Hall on the campus of the University of Miami. WMU has won at least one game in the MAC Tournament every year since 2008.
Start-up calendar 2018
- Friday, August 17, 1 pm, against Hillsdale College
- Tuesday, August 28, 7 pm, against Chicago State University
- Friday, September 7, 10 am, against Milwaukee
- Friday, September 7, 7 pm, against Loyola University Chicago
- Saturday, September 8, 10 am, against Canisius College
- Saturday, September 8, 7 pm, against Utah State University
- Friday, September 21, 7 pm, against Ball State University
- Saturday, September 22, 7 pm, against the University of Toledo
- Friday, October 12, 7 pm, against the University of Buffalo
- Saturday, October 13, 7 pm, against the University of Akron
- Wednesday, October 31, 7 pm, against Northern Illinois University
- Saturday, November 3, 7 pm, against the University of Miami (Ohio)
- Friday, November 9, 7 pm, against Eastern Michigan University
- Saturday, November 10, 7 pm, against Central Michigan University
For more information visit Bronco volleyball online.
For more news, arts and events from WMU visit WMU News online.