Ettrick, Va. (December 15, 2018) – The men's basketball team at Virginia State University achieved its second win at the conference on Fayetteville State University 85-61 tonight at the VSU Multipurpose Center.
Senior of Virginia State University Brandon Holley led the way for the Trojans with 18 points and four rebounds. Jahmere Howze added 14 points and four rebounds. VSU improves to 7-3 in the year (2-0 CIAA), while the Broncos fall to 1-7 overall (0-2 CIAA).
– VSU shot 58.5 percent from the field; Fayetteville State shot 43.4 percent
– Virginia hit 14 three pointers (53.8 percent); Fayetteville State downed six 3-pointers on 30 percent shooting
: the Trojans had nine of 15 on the free throw line, while the Broncos had nine of 23 (19459033). VSU had a rebound advantage of 41-32. The Broncos had seven turnovers against the 10 VSU
– Cyonte Melvin had 10 points and  – Jahmere Howze added 14 points and four boards
– Brandon Holley contributed 18 points and four rebounds
– Armond Griebe contributed with 10 points and three rebounds
– William Vedder contributed 10 points
– Denzell Hosch was 5-for -13 from the field, 5-for-11 from the three-point range and 1-for-4 from the free throw line
-Xavier Williams had 15 points in five of 11 shots
– Xavier Williams contributed with 14 points in two of -five shots from the free throw line
Trojans will host the Trojans of the Ity of Mount Olive Universe on December 19 th . The tip-off is scheduled at 5 p.m. at the Multiple Uses Center of VSU.
Find 8News in Twitter  Facebook  Facebook ] and Instagram ; send your news suggestions to iReport8@wric.com .