With more and more future university students recognizing that it is a great world, they do not have to go to university in the USA. UU And that the university experience abroad will cost less money, it makes sense to see the university classifications not only nationally but globally.
Although the USA UU They are by far the most qualified compared to institutions around the world, their leadership is eroding. According to QS, also known as Quacquarelli Symonds, the top two universities in the world ranked by subject with the highest number of positions in the top 10 are in the United Kingdom: the venerable University of Cambridge and the University of Oxford.
Ben Sowter, QS research director, said in a statement: "To be clear, it's going to be some time before it can reasonably be said that the pre-eminence of the US as a nation of research in higher education is in dispute. But our 2018 results indicate that it is being relentlessly diminished by increasingly competitive research programs in countries around the world.For example, last year, the US accounted for 64% of the most research departments solid at the subject level, those with a Citation score by Faculty of 95/100 or higher.This year, their percentage of departments with a score of 95/100 or higher decreases to less than 61%. "
Sowter continued: "In previous years, we have seen that second-tier American institutions are besieged by ranking regressions. As Cornell, UCLA and Yale, especially the last, whose account of the top 10 now corresponds to the National University of Singapore, suggest that very few institutions are isolated from the inexorable global improvement we are observing. . "
According to the statement, the QS classifications differ from those of US News & World Report due to their" focus on the relationship between the choice of the institution and the employability rate along with the traditional indicators of research performance. "
The QS classifications revealed other elements of interest in global education:
- The EE They descended slightly from having 35 out of 48 Number 1 posts last year to 34 out of 48.
- The University of Cambridge has outperformed the University of California, Berkeley, as the world's leading institution with the largest number of departments among the top 10.
- Higher education systems are improving in places like China, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Australia.
QS also revealed the fortal specific areas of some of the best schools in EE. UU. ::
- MIT leads in four of the five QS engineering classifications.
- Ten American universities have at least one department that is the best in the world.
- The United States leads the biological sciences, economics and econometrics; is less dominant in dentistry.
It was not included in the QS ranking, but it is certainly worth noting that North Carolina A & T State University produces more African-American engineers than any other US university; Xavier University sends more African-American students to medical school.
For more information, visit the QS website.