Shatara Porcia-White has been promoted to Deputy Vice Chancellor, Director of Investigation Integrity and Compliance in the Research and Innovation Division. He has served as Acting Assistant Vice Chancellor since August.
As Director of the Office of Research Integrity and Compliance, Porcia-White will report to Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation John English.
"Shatara has been an integral part of the university's commitment to research integrity and compliance for more than 13 years," said English. "With his experience and institutional knowledge, he is the ideal person to play this vital leadership role."
"As someone with a background in biology and community health, I tend to focus on life cycles and see this promotion as the next step in my professional life cycle," said Porcia-White. "As a principal, I look forward to continuing to facilitate and expand the university's research initiatives. I want our colleagues across campus to know that the Office of Research Integrity and Compliance is here to help them meet their research agendas. Above all, we hope to continue to be a valuable resource in the mission of the University of Arkansas when it comes to research, innovation, and discovery. "
Porcia-White's responsibilities include:
- Assisting faculty, staff, and students in understanding and complying with federal and state regulatory requirements for sponsored and unsponsored research and university policies associates that govern these activities.
- Direct and administer the Office of Investigation Integrity and Compliance.
- He works as an integrity officer in research at the university.
- Develop and / or coordinate training in accordance with the Responsible Research Conduct program.
- Review and maintain campus investigation compliance policies and procedures and assess compliance risks and opportunities.
- Lead and provide administration and oversight of campus policy on conflicts of interest.
Porcia-White received a Bachelor of Science from the University of Central Arkansas and a Master of Science from the U of A. She joined U of A in 2007 as a Research Assistant in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. After nine months in that role, he joined the Office of Environmental Health and Safety as an assistant biosafety officer and served in that capacity for eight years. Subsequently, Porcia-White assumed the role of biosafety coordinator in the Office of Investigation Integrity and Compliance and operated there for five years. Earlier this year, she became the deputy director of integrity and compliance for the investigation.
Prior to her time at U of A, Porcia-White served in various capacities at the University of Mississippi, the Thad Cochran National Center for Natural Products Research, and the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences at Little Rock.