Monday, November 1/7 pm CT / Lloyd Noble Center / Norman, Oklahoma.
NORMAN – The Oklahoma men's basketball team begins the era Porter Moser on Monday, November 1 at 7pm. (CT) vs. Rogers State at Lloyd Noble Center in the Sooners' only showing of the season. OU opens the regular season on November 9 against Northwestern State in Norman.
ON THE AIR
Monday's game will be available on Bally Sports Oklahoma + with Chad McKee and Brandon Manzer on the call.
The exhibition councils at 7 p.m. CT and will air on Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Oklahoma's show against Rogers State on Monday will be the first time Porter Moser has roamed the bands as OU's head coach of men's basketball. Moser was named the 15th head coach in the history of men's basketball at the University of Oklahoma by Vice President and Athletic Director Joe Castiglione on April 3, 2021. Almost 10 years after the day he announced to Lon Kruger on April 1, 2011.
- Moser brings over 17 years of experience as the NCAA DI head coach with stops at Loyola Chicago, Illinois State and Little Rock.
- In his last four years in the Windy City, Moser claimed three regular season Missouri Valley Conference titles, won six NCAA Tournament games, secured two spots in the Sweet 16 and reached the Final Four of 2018. During that stretch, Moser posted a 99-36 (.733) record and tied for 10th most wins by a Division I head coach since the start of the 2017-18 season.
- The 2017-18 season was historic for the Moser-led Ramblers, who posted a school-record 32 wins and reached their first Final Four appearance since winning the NCAA Championship in 1963. Loyola was ranked No. 7 in the USA Today finale. Coaches Poll and was the fourth No. 11 seed to advance to the Final Four.
- The 2021-22 team has only five returnees: Elijah Harkless Umoja Gibson Jalen Hill Rick Issanza and Blake Seacat . The Sooners return only 27.1 percent of their touchdowns and 33.8 percent of the minutes played since last season.
- The Sooners return the lowest percentage of their score from last season in the Big 12 and are the second-lowest in minutes played coming back in the conference.
- Oklahoma's list features a total of eight transfers, which is tied for the most with Penn State of any major conference program and tied for 10th nationally.
- OU has seven NCAA DI transfers, which is tied for sixth nationally and is the most among major conference programs.
- Oklahoma officially opens the season at Lloyd Noble Center on Tuesday, November 9 against Northwestern State at 7 p.m.
- OU is 6-0 against the Demons and last played in 2017. Oklahoma legend Trae Young set a Big 12 record and tied the NCAA record with 22 assists in the 105-68 victory that moved OU to 9 -1 on the season. Young also finished with 26 points on 9 of 16 shots in 29 minutes of action.
- No current Sooner has faced Northwestern State in Crimson and Cream.