An effort is being made to find the friends and family of an Air Force veteran who died last fall while in school her third graduate degree from the University of North Texas at Denton.
Margaret Rosa King, 67, was working on her interdisciplinary graduate studies while working for the school as a custodian when she died last fall of natural causes related to heart disease.
King was found unresponsive near her vehicle in a campus parking lot on September 14, 2017 and was transported to a hospital in the area where she was pronounced dead.
that time the university and the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office have been working to identify and locate King's relatives, but they have not had any luck.
Most of what the school knows about King mostly comes from her employee file and a background check. She said in her job application that she was born in Brooklyn, New York and listed Washington Irving as her high school. On his Facebook page, he listed San Antonio as his hometown. Even with those clues, no closest relative has been identified.
UNT said that before King began working as a custodian in 2016, he had extensive academic training and obtained seven degrees, including three associate degrees, one undergraduate degree and three graduate degrees. Prior to that, King served in the United States Air Force from May 1971 to September 1974.
Since King is a veteran, the university worked with the Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery to organize his burial. They also organized a public funeral for her that will be held at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, May 16 at the national cemetery.
Whoever wants to come to commemorate King and honor him for his military service is welcome to attend his funeral.
"We hope that by sharing this information … we can reach family or friends who wish to know his death," said the university. "Of course, we also welcome anyone who simply wishes to pay their respects and honor her for serving our country."
Among his achievements, King mentioned obtaining titles from the following institutions.
- Associate degree – Business – Tidewater Community College, Virginia
- Associate degree – Accounting – Tarrant County College
- Associate degree – Information Technology – Tarrant County College
- Bachelor's Degree – Business – Saint Leo University, Florida
- Master's Degree – Gerontology – Norfolk State University, Virginia
- Master's Degree – Science of the Information – University of North Texas
- Master's Degree – Computer Education – University of North Texas
- * Master's Program – Interdisciplinary Studies – University of North Texas
Be First to Comment