GRANVILLE, Ohio- Denison's winning streak came to an end at nine after a doubleheader split with Wabash College Sunday afternoon at Big Red Field. Denison prevailed in game one, 16-2 but lost game two, 8-2.
- Brian McAuliffe tied Denison's record in a single game with 7 RBIs. He was 3 of 4 with a home run and two two-run singles.
- McAuliffe is Denison's fifth player to record seven RBIs in one game. The last time it happened was on March 8, 2009 when Park Smith was 6-for-6 against Rhodes College.
- Anthony Ruggieri also had a great day going 3 of 4 with four RBIs on the ninth hole in order.
- Dylan Hunter was 4 of 4 with three runs scored and one RBI.
- Denison had 18 hits with six as extra bases.
- Charlie Fleming improved to 3-0 by throwing 6.0 innings without allowing an earned run. He had four hits and struck out three.
- Wabash (11-11, 4-4 NCAC West) scored five runs in the top of the first off Denison starter Kenny Lippman for jump to the front.
- Little Giant's starter Tavic Simmons went the distance, allowing just five hits and two earned runs in 7.0 innings pitched. Simmons struck out three and walked four.
Denison (12-4, 7-1 NCAC West) returns to action Saturday April 17 when they travel to Case Western Reserve for a doubleheader at from 1 pm On Sunday, April 18, the Spartans will visit Big Red Field at 1 p.m. double billboard.