Information Security, Risk and Compliance Analyst – University Information Services
The security analyst Information serves as a project analyst for all assigned information security and cybersecurity initiatives, interacting with multiple levels of personnel and faculty within the university, as well as nationally and internationally with professionals with similar positions at other universities . Reporting to the Director of Information Security Governance and Compliance, the Information Security Analyst has duties that include but are not limited to:
Compliance with Security, Risk Management and Governance ]
- Designs and collects weekly cybersecurity activities and summarizes trends and activities.
- Monitors regulatory obligations, updates and university applications.
- It provides analysis and reports on university risk factors related to cybersecurity and compliance techniques.
- Proposes problem-solving strategies for security and workflow processes.
- Provides basic technical support to security analysts, such as vulnerability analysis analysis; evaluation and suspicious email response; and analysis and confirmation of certificates.
- Reviews, documents and evaluates the procedures of the University.
- Provide support and communication of response to incidents.
Security Awareness, Disclosure and Communications
- Generates high quality writing copies for dissemination communication and publication.
- Develop presentations to clearly articulate Georgetown's information security policies, procedures, best practices and standards.
- Assists in the preparation of internal and external UISO security reports and general reports, communications and analyzes.
- Serves as a contributor of the content for the UISO website and the technology policy website, supports the management of the structure and appearance of the content.
- Develops materials for the dissemination of program / service information.
- Collaborates with the UIS security operations teams in incident response activities, including planning and follow-up.
- Coordinates with key UIS and University staff to identify key needs for response to incidents and opportunities for improvement.
- Identifies and documents incidents of compliance and violations of policies and corrective actions.
- Bachelor's degree – master's preference
- 2 to 5 years of proven technical service, administration and experience in program management are required, preferably supporting a large complex organization with a diverse customer base or complex security components and requirements
- Proven experience in the development of executive-level communications, presentations and summaries, including strong writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated previous experience in the delivery of face-to-face and online training
- Previous experience in research, higher academic institution, as well as working with professors, staff, student body on cybersecurity issues
- Reliability confidential for a position of trust with access to highly confidential information or data so sensible
- Willingness and willingness to work outside the normal business hours of Georgetown University, including possible on-call responsibilities, and / or providing assistance for security incidents
Applicable technical certification, including CISSP, CISM, CISA or GRISC
Current employees of Georgetown:
If currently work at Georgetown University, exit this website and log in to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) with your network ID and password. Next, select the Career worklet in your GMS home panel to see jobs in Georgetown.
Please note that to be considered a candidate for any position at Georgetown University you must send a cover letter and curriculum for each position of interest for which you He thinks he is qualified. These documents are not archived for future posts.
If you are a qualified person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, click here for more information or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Do you need a little assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the benefits package, professional development, and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for and receive consideration for employment without distinction of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, veteran status protected or any other characteristic protected by law .